Specifications Section 10 26 00 for Stainless Steel Corner Guards
PART 1 - GENERAL
A. Corner Guard system for wall protection:
1.02 SECTION INCLUDES
A. Stainless Steel Corner Guard Systems
A. Product data for each type of Corner Guard specified.
B. 3 each full size profiles, 6" long samples of each type Corner Guard indicated.
C. Cleaning and maintenance instructions.
1.04 DELIVERY, STORAGE AND HANDLING
A. Deliver materials in unopened factory packaging to the jobsite and store in original packaging in a climate controlled location away from direct sunlight.
1.05 PROJECT CONDITIONS
A. Products must be installed in an interior climate controlled environment.
A. Standard CAP Limited Lifetime Warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
A. Acceptable Manufacturer:
Cap Industries, Inc., 10722 Tucker Street, Beltsville, MD. 20705 USA;
Telephone: 301-937-4383, Fax: 301-937-6850,
Internet address: www.cornerguard.net
B. Substitutions: Not permitted
C. Provide all Corner Guards from a single source.
A. Stainless Steel: Corner Guards shall be manufactured from Type 304, 16 gauge Stainless Steel.
A. Attachment options;
1. Field applied heavy duty construction adhesive.
2. Factory applied two sided tape.
3. Pre-drilled holes for Phillips head screws.
A. Stainless steel: No. 4 brushed vertical finish.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
A. Examine areas and conditions in which the corner guard systems will be installed.
1. Complete all finishing operations, including painting, before beginning installation of corner guards.
B. Wall surface shall be dry and free from dirt, grease and loose paint.
A. General: Prior to installation, clean substrate to remove dust, debris and loose particles.
A. General: Locate the Corner Guard as indicated on the approved detail drawing for the appropriate substrate and Install corner guard level and plumb at the height indicated on the drawings.
B. Installation of Stainless Steel Corner Guards:
1. Surface must be dry, clean and properly sealed.
2. Two sided tape: Peel paper from the factory applied tape and apply pressure until a tight fit is achieved.
3. Cement on: Apply a bead of Premium Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive in a zigzag pattern over the back
of each wing of the corner guard. Position corner guard on the wall and apply pressure until a tight fit is
4. Screw on: Position the corner guard on the wall and attach it using the stainless steel screws.
5. Remove the protective plastic covering from the exposed surface of the corner guard.
A. At completion of the installation, clean surfaces with a neutral based, non-abrasive cleaner. Ammonia and alcohol based cleaners may be used.